Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Magic and Money

After performing some amazing feats of magic, the magician says…

“Now what I’m about to do next is very special and I know you might be tempted to say something funny or witty. But I warn you, you really shouldn’t say a word or you might ruin this next trick. Without saying anything, would you please bring out a one dollar bill and hand it to me?”

The magician again gestures for everyone to be quiet, by holding a finger to his lips as he patiently waits for the one dollar bill to be handed to him. The magician holds up the borrowed single and says…

“I still need you all to be quiet and not say anything because you see the first thing most people do when I ask for a one is they want me to make it into a larger bill, like a five, ten, twenty or on and on. Now here is the thing; I can do it, but you can’t ask for it. That’s why I’m having you not say anything.”

The magician performs the feat and turns the one into a five.

“Now see the reason why I can’t just stay home and do this is because I can hear my internal dialogue asking myself to turn the one into a five. Let me show you. “I want me to turn this five into a ten.”

The magician folds the bill up and it changes back into a one dollar bill.

“There, you see. Whenever someone asks or even when I ask myself to do it for myself it always backfires. So the key to this is when you see a magician, hand him a dollar bill and if you’re lucky, they’ll turn it into a five. But I have to warn you, most magicians will ask you, ‘what is this for?’ the problem is you can’t tell them or else the magic spell won’t work. But one more word of warning, if you hand a magician a one dollar bill and don’t say anything, most of the time they will just say ‘Thanks.’”

With that the magician places the one dollar bill in his pocket and walks away.


Always wishing the best,
Adam White

Ebook
www.adamwhitemagic.com

No comments: